8/7/08

A heartbreaking goodbye

With a profound sadness and a heavy, heavy heart, we had to say good bye to our beloved ol' beagle Snoop...Snoopy..a.k.a. noodle (I've no idea why...he was just..."my noodle") and sometimes I called him porkchop...Portly Porkchop.

He entered our lives when he was 5 years old and we enjoyed his company for the past 7 years. He was strong, healthy & quite content except for a bladder problem the past few months (which bothered me a lot more than it bothered him). He suffered what appeared to be a very sudden blood clot and was in some pain for a bit before rapidly loosing all feeling & mobility in his hind quarters. There was nothing more that could be done ( we tried against the odds with some injections). My husband & I sat with him, I held him in my lap & we fed him a bagful of k-bits. It was gut wrenching. I wish he had lost his senses but he knew us. We kissed him as he drifted off to sleep. We let him keep his dignity. He took a piece of our hearts.





Posted by Picasa


......................Love'ya Noodle....................
Posted by Picasa
Subscribe with Bloglines

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping bye..Ya'll come back now!