8/22/08

Anyone else disappointed with this year's garden?

I don't know if it was too hot to soon or what but for me this year's garden has been quite disappointing and yielded little. From my pictures you may think otherwise(selective editing) but considering how much I planted and how prolific past gardens have been this years veggie patch is quite pitiful. And it isn't just the vegetables many of my flowering plants look as if they were just planted (those that weren't voraciously consumed by rabbits). Even my "no-fail" favorites...impatiens, marigolds, geraniums & even the sunflowers.

Now perhaps your thinking "well she should have given them a little attention" but honestly I did. I watered diligently from the start ( maybe not deep enough?), I weeded daily, pinched blossoms and even fed with Miracle Grow! but everything seems stunted...well, not everything...the weed growth has been miraculous. I put out PREEN...more than once...I weeded, pleaded, weeded and was defeated. It's been a very frustrating season.

And those *#%@$# rabbits...this year they have showed no mercy! I swear they were eating my bean plants 5 minutes after they were planted! I came out one morning & the whole row of yard longs were gone without a trace but they left about an inch of the sunflowers just to torment me.
I dutifully planted marigolds around the tomatoes and looked out to see two rabbits, up on hind legs, munching away...I'm sure I saw them "hi-5" each other too. Well...they're in for a big surprise next year...I bought chicken wire...hah!!..when I finally get around to putting it up then they'll see who's in charge around here.
Subscribe with Bloglines

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping bye..Ya'll come back now!